July 2022 - We're Hiring! Intermediate Architect
WE'RE HIRING! We have a full-time, in-person position available for an Intermediate level Intern Architect or Licensed Architect with a passion for design excellence, environmental sustainability, and a strong work ethic. We are seeking a candidate with strong design skills who possesses a minimum of 3 years of post-graduate work experience, preferably with some experience in small to medium-sized practices and a desire to make a difference both inside the practice and beyond. We are looking for candidates to play an active role in the culture and growth of our office.
- Strong design skills, superior attention to detail in all aspects of work;
- Experience producing and coordinating construction drawings & details;
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of building systems and technology;
- Thorough knowledge and working experience with Ontario Building Code;
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal);
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated, responsible, assertive, and passionate about their work;
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD;
- Experience & proficiency working in Revit is an asset;
- Proficiency in 3D rendering software (SketchUp, Enscape);
- Solid working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, Acrobat), and Microsoft Office;
- Experience managing projects and teams is an asset;
- For more senior candidates, experience with delegating and supervising the work of other staff;
- Previous experience working on PassiveHouse projects is an asset;
- LEED and/or WELL accreditation is an asset.
- Produce drawings in all stages (SD, DD, CD, detailing) including 3D models during the design stages of projects with a high level of proficiency;
- Manage all aspects of architectural projects from Schematic Design to end of Construction Administration including overseeing the work of and collaborating with other team members to ensure high-quality work and efficient use of resources;
- Take initiative and follow-through on a wide range of tasks and responsibilities, as well as successfully interacting with other team members; take direction from Associates and Principal;
- Clear correspondence with clients, consultants, contractors, vendors and suppliers to obtain and promptly share information as needed to keep the project on track;
- Attendance at site meetings during contract administration phase, follow-up, and preparation of site reports and minutes;
- Tasks would include working on multiple projects at various stages and scales.
Those interested in applying for this position, should forward their resumes, link to their online portfolio and references by email only to Hire@Dubbeldam.ca with ‘Intermediate Architect position’ in the subject heading. We thank you in advance for your interest. Due to the high volume of applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly.
About Our Studio
Dubbeldam Inc. Architecture + Design is a Toronto practice with a diverse portfolio of award-winning residential, commercial, hospitality and institutional projects. We are a highly collaborative practice in an open studio setting with an emphasis on mentoring, continuous learning, and research-based work. We practice and encourage a very hands-on approach for staff with ample opportunities to experience all aspects of projects from start to finish. We are advocates for both environmental and social responsibility in our work. By focusing on our core tenants of Design Excellence, Innovation, Sustainability, and Advocacy, we believe every project should have an increasingly positive impact on liveability, equity and sustainability in our built environments.