Lieutenant Governor’s Award in Heritage Excellence in Conservation - Walper Hotel
The Walper Hotel has been recognized with the Lieutenant Governor’s Ontario Heritage Award for Excellence in Conservation. Originally built in 1893, The Walper was designated as a historic landmark under the Ontario Heritage Act in 1983. The hotel's renovation is comprised of both a much-needed restoration led by BNKC Architects and a new interior which entailed a complete overhaul of the 92 rooms designed in collaboration with Jill Greaves Design and the public spaces designed by Dialogue 38. The hotel’s renewal transforms the Walper into a modern boutique hotel while celebrating its historic details and pairing them with bold contemporary design.